Home Ownership Myths
Sunday Apr 29th, 2018
When deciding to buy a home, many ‘myths’ could prevent you from deciding to become a homeowner. Let’s take a look at some common myths and facts to those questions you may be having.
- “I can’t afford to buy a home right now.” Fact: If you are paying rent, you can definitely afford a mortgage. More often than not, we find most renters are paying the same amount as those paying for a mortgage, and occasionally even more!
- “I should wait until the real estate market gets better.” Fact: The long term factors are what make real estate one of the most stable investments today. Waiting to see if the housing prices will go down before you buy does not always prove successful. With real estate being so unpredictable, waiting until “it gets better” may never come.
- “I don’t have money for a down payment.” Fact: There are many options to help with your down payment. Taking the time to save at least 5% before choosing to buy is ideal. The more you can save, the better. Open up a savings account and speak with your local bank to see how you can start saving for your down payment today!
- “I can’t afford to buy my dream home.” Fact: Buying a home and building equity puts you closer to that dream home than if you did not buy at all. You can always put in small improvements into your home to make it what you want it to be.
- “I should wait to buy a home until I get married.” Fact: Getting your foot in the door is what is important. If you decide to buy a condo or home now, you can rent or sell the property and use the money towards a new one!
- “Buying a home seems way too complicated.” Fact: That is where we come in! We are equipped with the knowledge and tools to help you through every step of the way. Being local market experts we know which areas to look, what prices fit into your budget and what schools and local amenities are in the area. We also prepare all paperwork, and help you understand what they all mean. We do all negotiations, and help you get the best price for your dream home. We are there through every step of the way to ensure you find exactly what it is you are looking for!